Willow Street Fire Company

The Willow Street Fire company was organized in 1924. Willow Street is located in Lancaster County in the state of Pennsylvania. The original station was a two-bay station that was built on rented land located on Main St in downtown Willow Street. It became home to the departments first Reo fire truck. The department at that time ran 25-30 calls a year. As the community grew both in population and number of buildings, so did the demand for additional emergency equipment. In June of 1961 the first ambulance was purchased. In March of 1977, a fund drive began to raise money for a larger station to be built along the Willow Street Pike. In 1978 the department moved from its Main Street location to the Willow Street Pike where the company is located to day. The department is made up of 2 engines , 1 truck, 1 heavy rescue, squad and a fire police buggy. The department runs about 400 calls a year and is home to a growing community and one of the worlds largest nursing complexes. If you would like anymore information or would like information about joining the Willow Street Fire Company please call 717-464-4622 or stop by the fire station at 2901 Willow Street Pike.